Every year Huntingtower, in conjunction with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), holds scholarship exams for entry into Years 7, 9 and 10. Scholarships can be awarded to cover 25% to 50% of tuition fees, as Academic, General Excellence or Music Scholarships.
- Academic scholarship recipients will be those who also contribute to the school in many other areas.
- To apply for a General Excellence Scholarship, the student must have achieved a high academic standard, plus excellence in at least two of the following: sport, music, leadership, community service.
- For those wishing to sit for a Music Scholarship, any orchestral instrument - excluding voice - is accepted. Pianoforte players must have achieved the following AMEB Grade or Equivalent - Grade 5 for Y7 applications, Grade 7 for Y9 and Grade 8 for Y10.
- Scholarship interview appointments will be made from 12pm on Monday 22 March.
- First round interviews will be held over several weeks.
- ACER will make the Candidate reports available to all parents online on Thursday 1 April.
- It is important to note that schools do not share scholarship results with one another.