Every year Huntingtower, in conjunction with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), holds scholarship exams for entry into Years 7, 9 and 10. Scholarships can be awarded to cover 25% to 50% of tuition fees, as Academic, General Excellence or Music Scholarships.
- Academic scholarship recipients will be those who also contribute to the school in many other areas.
- To apply for a General Excellence Scholarship, the student must have achieved a high academic standard, plus excellence in at least two of the following:- sport, music, leadership, community service.
- For those wishing to sit for a Music Scholarship, any orchestral instrument - excluding voice - is accepted. Pianoforte players must have achieved at least AMEB Grade 5 level or equivalent.
- Music applicants must attend a Music audition as well as sitting the ACER examination.
- All scholarship candidates (including current Huntingtower students) must sit the ACER examination.
- All scholarship candidates (including current Huntingtower students) must also provide the following information when lodging the Huntingtower Application form (as per Step 4 below):
- School report (2019 full end of year report)
- Naplan test results (most recent)
- Certificates of achievement
- Sporting ability/achievements
- Music ability/achievements
- Leadership achievements
- Community Service..
- All scholarship applicants must include this information with their application, including levels attained.
- If you would like to include a reference from a teacher, principal, sporting organisation, church group, community service organisation, etc. (this is not essential), please feel free to do so.
- Current Huntingtower students are not required to provide written references from their teachers.
2021 Scholarship Applications
It is important to note that schools do not share scholarship results with one another. Candidates must sit the Academic exam at Huntingtower on the set date to be eligible.
All applications are completed online.
Examination date is Saturday 15 February 2020 at Huntingtower (arrive no later than 8.30am)
Applications close on Wednesday 5 February (midnight)
No late applications can be accepted.
TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP FOR ENTRY IN 2021, please complete the following 4 steps:
- Click here to download examination details
- Click here to download music audition requirements
- Click here to complete the online ACER registration form
You must complete this online form to officially register.
Payment of $130 is required at the time of registering online.
Once you have completed this registration form, you will be given a Candidate ID number.
- Click here to download the Huntingtower Application form
When you have received your 2019 end of year school report, please send the full report, the Huntingtower Application form and other supporting documentation (as listed above) to:
The Scholarship Secretary, Huntingtower PO Box 192, Mount Waverley, 3149
Alternatively, you are welcome to deliver the documents to the School.
If this information is not received by the closing date (5 February), we wil not be able to accept your application.
Steps 3 and 4 must BOTH be completed for registration.
What to bring on the day:-
Some form of identification (with your full name).
Two HB or B pencils, a pencil eraser and two blue or black pens.
Please do not bring rulers, mathematical instruments of any kind, programmable watches,
mobile phones, photographic or other image/data capturing devices, books or notepaper.
There will be no correspondence sent by the school prior to the examination as all details are available via each of the links above. If you have any queries or would like to confirm your registration has been received by Huntingtower, please contact us on 9807 8888 (9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday).
Please allow 24 hours for these details to be updated by ACER.
Scholarship interview appointments will be made FROM 12pm on Friday 6 March onwards.
ACER will make the Candidate reports available to parents online on Monday 23 March.