Every year Huntingtower, in conjunction with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), holds scholarship exams for entry into Years 7, 9 and 10. Scholarships can be awarded to cover 25% to 50% of tuition fees, as Academic, General Excellence or Music Scholarships.
Academic scholarship recipients will be those who also contribute to the school in many other areas.
To apply for a General Excellence Scholarship, the student must have achieved a high academic standard, plus excellence in at least two of the following:- sport, music, leadership, community service.
For those wishing to sit for a Music Scholarship, any orchestral instrument - excluding voice - is accepted. Pianoforte players must have achieved at least AMEB Grade 5 level or equivalent.
Music applicants must attend a Music audition as well as sitting the ACER examination.
- All scholarship candidates (including current Huntingtower students) must sit the ACER examination.
- All scholarship candidates (including current Huntingtower students) must also provide the following information when lodging the Huntingtower Application Form (as per Step 4 below):
- School report (2018 full end of year report)
- NAPLAN test results (most recent)
- Certificates of achievement (such as sporting ability / achievements, music ability / achievements, leadership achievements and information about Community Service)
- All scholarship applicants must include this information with their application,
including levels attained.
If you would like to include a reference from a teacher, principal, sporting organisation, church group, community service organisation, etc. (this is not essential), please feel free to do so.
Current Huntingtower students are not required to provide written references from their teachers.
It is important to note that schools do not share scholarship results with one another. Candidates must sit the Academic Exam at Huntingtower on the set date to be eligible.
All applications are completed online.
The examination date this year is Saturday 16 February 2019 at Huntingtower (arrive no later than 8.30am)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 6 February 2019 (midnight)
NO LATE APPLICATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED
To apply for a scholarship for entry in 2020, please complete the following 4 steps:
- Click here to download Examination Details
- Click here to download Music Audition Details
- Click here to complete the online ACER Registration Form
• You must complete this online form to register
• Payment of $130 is required at the time of registration online.
• Once you have completed this registration form, you will be given a Candidate ID number.
- Click here to download the Huntingtower Application Form
When you have received your 2018 end of year school report, please send the full report, the Huntingtower Application Form and other supporting documentation (as listed above) to:
The Scholarship Secretary
PO Box 192
Mount Waverley, 3149
If the information is not received by the closing date, 6 February 2019, we will not be able to accept your application.
Steps 3 & 4 must BOTH be completed for registration.
WHAT TO BRING ON THE DAY
- Some form of identification with your full name
- Two HB pencils, a pencil eraser and two blue or black pens
NB: Please do not bring rulers, mathematical instruments of any kind, programmable watches, mobile phones, photographic or other image/data capturing devices, books or notepaper.
There will be no correspondence sent by the school prior to the examination, as all details are available via each of the links above. If you have any queries or would like to confirm your registration has been received by Huntingtower, please contact us on 9807 8888 (from 9.30am until 4.30pm Monday to Friday). Please allow 24 hours for these details to be updated by ACER.
Scholarship offers will be made from 12pm on Friday, 8 March 2019 onwards.
ACER will make the Candidate Reports available to parents online on Monday 25 March.