Every year Huntingtower, in conjunction with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), holds scholarship exams for entry into Years 7, 9 and 10. Scholarships can be awarded to cover 25% to 50% of tuition fees, as Academic, General Excellence or Music Scholarships.
- Academic scholarship recipients will be those who also contribute to the school in many other areas.
- To apply for a General Excellence Scholarship, the student must have achieved a high academic standard, plus excellence in at least two of the following:
- Community Service
- For those wishing to sit for a Music Scholarship, please click on the “Music Audition” link below for full details before registering. Music applicants must attend a Music audition as well as sitting the ACER examination.
- All scholarship candidates (including current Huntingtower students) must sit the ACER examination,
as well as providing the following information:
- School reports (2019 and 2020 full end of year reports)
- Naplan test results (most recent)
- Certificates of achievement
- Sporting ability/achievements
- Music ability/achievements
- Leadership achievements
- Community Service
- If you would like to include a reference from a teacher, principal, sporting organisation, church group, community service organisation, etc. (this is not essential), please feel free to do so. Current Huntingtower students are not required to provide written references from their teachers.
2022 Scholarship Applications
It is important to note that schools do not share scholarship results with one another. Candidates must sit the Academic exam at Huntingtower on the set date to be eligible.
All applications are completed online.
Examination date is Saturday 13 February 2021 at Huntingtower (arrive no later than 8.30am)
APPLICATIONS CLOSE on Wednesday 3 February (midnight)
NO LATE APPLICATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED
TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP FOR ENTRY IN 2022, please complete the following 4 steps:
- Click here to download EXAMINATION details
- Click here to download MUSIC AUDITION requirements
- Click here to complete the ONLINE ACER Registration Form
- You must complete this online form to officially register
- Payment of $130 is required at the time of registering online
- Once you have completed this Registration Form, you will be given a Candidate ID number
- Print your online Registration Form and lodge it along with your supporting documentation, once you have received your 2020 end of year report
- Please note: We are not able to accept applications via email.
- Applications can be delivered to the School or posted to:
-- The Scholarship Secretary, Huntingtower, PO Box 192, Mount Waverley, 3149
- Please do not provide any "original" documentation
- If this information is not received by the closing date (3 February), we will not be able to accept your application
Steps 3 and 4 must BOTH be completed for registration.
What to bring on the day:
- Some form of identification (with your full name)
- Two HB or B pencils, a pencil eraser and two blue or black pens
- Please do not bring rulers, mathematical instruments of any kind, programmable watches, mobile phones, photographic or other image/data capturing devices, books or notepaper
There will be no correspondence sent by the school prior to the examination.
- All details are available via each of the links above
- If you have any queries or would like to confirm your registration has been received by Huntingtower, please contact us on 03 9807 8888 (from 9.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday)
- Please allow 24 hours for these details to be updated by ACER
Scholarship interview appointments will be made from 12pm on Friday 5 March onwards.
First round interviews will be held over several weeks commencing from this date.
ACER will make the Candidate reports available to all parents online on Monday 22 March.