Every year Huntingtower, in conjunction with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), holds scholarship exams for entry into Years 7, 9 and 10. Scholarships can be awarded to cover 25% to 50% of tuition fees, as Academic, General Excellence or Music Scholarships.
- Academic scholarship recipients will be those who also contribute to the school in many other areas.
- To apply for a General Excellence Scholarship, the student must have achieved a high academic standard, plus excellence in at least two of the following:- sport, music, leadership, community service.
- For those wishing to sit for a Music Scholarship, please click on the “Music Audition” link below. Music applicants must attend a Music audition as well as sitting the ACER examination.
- All scholarship candidates (including current Huntingtower students) must sit the ACER examination, as well as providing the following information:-
School reports (2020 and 2021 full Semester 1 and 2 reports), Naplan test results (most recent), Certificates of achievement, Sporting ability/achievements, Music ability/achievements, Leadership achievements and Community Service. If you would like to include a reference from a teacher, principal, sporting organisation, church group, community service organisation, etc. (this is not essential), please feel free to do so.
Current Huntingtower students are not required to provide written references from their teachers.
- It is important to note that schools do not share scholarship results with one another. Candidates must sit the Academic exam at Huntingtower on the set date to be eligible.
- Scholarship Applications for 2023 are now closed.
Details for “registered” candidates:
Date – Academic Examination – Saturday 12 February
Venue – Huntingtower (follow the signs to the Performing Arts Centre/PAC)
Arrival Time – 8.30am
Conclusion – 12.00pm
- Due to the Covid Operational Guidelines for Schools, parents will need to drop their child off and return to pick them up at the conclusion of the exam.
Please note – students will be required to wear a mask
- Click here to download EXAMINATION details
- Click here to download MUSIC Audition
- What to bring on the day:-
Some form of identification (with your full name).
Two HB or B pencils, a pencil eraser and two blue or black pens.
Please do not bring rulers, mathematical instruments of any kind, programmable watches,
mobile phones, photographic or other image/data capturing devices, books or notepaper
- There will be no correspondence sent by the school prior to the examination as all details are available via the links above. If you have any queries you are welcome to contact the School on 9807 8888 (8.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday).
- Scholarship interview appointments will be made from 12pm on Friday 4 March onwards.
- First round interviews will be held over several weeks commencing from this date.
- ACER will make the Candidate reports available to all parents online on Monday 21 March.