Years 7 to 9
Years 7, 8 and 9 at Huntingtower are a time of transition, growth and development. At Huntingtower we recognise that because every child has no limits, everyone has the capacity to learn, grow and develop into a knowledgeable, reflective, caring, ethical and involved citizen, both at school and in the wider community.
The Huntingtower Middle School creates a setting in which students can take responsibility for themselves and each other in a structured and supportive environment. Our Middle School caters for the needs of young adolescents in a dynamic and changing world, while at the same time preparing the students for the rigours and demands of ongoing study. A stimulating and vibrant atmosphere encourages the students to embrace new learning styles and take intellectual risks, thus creating lifelong learners who are confident and self-aware.
In the Huntingtower Middle School:
- Students feel safe and secure and develop close relationships with their peers and teachers.
- Students develop a sense of place in purpose-built classrooms and meeting spaces.
- Diversity of thought is appreciated and promoted.
- The curriculum is moulded to meet students’ needs and includes a range of different learning opportunities.
- Students have an opportunity to shine through leadership opportunities and specially organised events.
A Huntingtower Middle Years education aims to give all our students the confidence to meet challenges with enthusiasm, wisdom and resourcefulness.
Click here for the Secondary School Curriculum Outline
Click here for the Middle School Parent Handbook