Huntingtower supports the learning development of all genders. Huntingtower acknowledges the similarities and differences between genders and the qualities each gender brings to the classroom environment will be one where the focus is on the culture of learning. This will enable all to succeed to the best of each student’s ability.
To provide a rich learning environment where students can achieve their best supported by staff who are both intuitive and well trained.
- Students of any gender will have equal access to the curriculum.
- Students of any gender will have equal access to leadership opportunities.
- Students of any gender will have equal access to sporting opportunities.
- Students of any gender will have equal access to outdoor educational opportunities.
- All students are encouraged to achieve highly and to follow the path best suited to their talents.
- Teaching styles in the classroom will reflect the differences between genders and aim to meet the needs of all groups.
- Staff will have professional development opportunities which develop their understanding of these differences.
- Classes will be kept gender balanced where possible. The aim is that no class will be more than 40/60 in the gender balance. This means numbers in certain classes will be limited to maintain the balance.